Saturday, July 2, 2011

Florida Fun......In the Sun...

Summer is here and Jeremie and I have been spending much time in the Florida sun.  Memorial Day was complete with a new kiddie pool.  Intended for Manny, but I think J and I enjoyed it more.  I spent most of the afternoon laying in it and reading a book. 




The sun AND the Bulldogs were HOT HOT HOT at the Super Regional game in Gainesville.  We attended Game 2, which was going pretty rough for the Dawgs, but in the bottom of the 9th, Vick Vickerson hit a home run for the win.  Sad Gators everywhere. As we all know though, we were beat out in Game 3 and the Gators went on to the World Series.  Still proud of our Dawgs for fighting hard.  


Happy, but dying from heat exhaustion.  At least we got a seat though. The last Super Regional we attended  (hosted in Starkville was so crowded I had to stand on an ice chest for 4 hours.  Totally worth though-we made it to the World Serious that year.....
ALWAYS take a picture of the scoreboard.....
Cowbells were NOT allowed in Gainesville....for good reason...FEAR THE BELL!

Last weekend for my birthday we headed to Daytona Beach for a much needed getaway.  I had won a silent auction several months ago for a two night stay, so we decided to cash in on it.  We arrived Friday night and had a birthday dinner on the balcony which consisted of appetizers from Bonefish and cheese that J had picked up at the cheese shop in Thomasville.  (Yes, we are officially cheese followers.) It was great to spend some quality time with my hubby and as always, he made sure to make my b-day very special. 



Saturday was spent laying out on the beach followed by another fantastic meal at The Chart House.  Everything was incredible, but the award goes to the Chocolate Lava cake which is hands down the best dessert I've ever had.  They tell you to order it early, as it takes 30 minutes to prepare.  Too bad it only took 90 seconds to eat.  I would attach a pic, but it went so fast, there was not time for pictures.  I. LOVE. CHOCOLATE. 
On the way home, J even took me to the outlet malls in St. Augustine for a little shopping.  A man after my own heart:  Beach, chocolate and shopping. 





Another year older....looking forward to what God has in store this year......

No comments:

Post a Comment