Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Goin' to the Big D and I DO Mean Dallas!

HELLO WORLD. Well, there has been reason for my absence from the Bloggersphere.  We've had a little drama in the Wells household. A couple weeks ago, I came home from my Bible Study group and Jeremie immediately lowered the boom....He'd gotten a promotion......which most people would be excited about...which is why I was confused by the devastated look on his face.  The kicker was that the new position would be in....Dallas, Texas!  Cue the WATERWORKS.  The thought of moving away from our church, our friends, my job, and further from our family was heartbreaking! The news just kept getting better and better when J told me we had till Friday to decide and would have to move by March.

After crying for a good hour or so (and I am NOT a pretty crier...think puffy, red face) Jeremie and I said a tearful prayer and watched a couple episodes of The Office to try to cheer us up. FAIL.

So the next days few days were spent praying, weighing the options, and you got it...more crying.  We even pulled out the good ole dry erase board to visualize the Pros & Cons.  Manny even got a vote, which was an item on the "Cons" side:  leaving Sexy Lexie, his lovely Collie girlfriend.

I am not a huge fan of change, OR lack of a plan.  So I was really praying for discernment of God's voice and a clear understanding of what His will was. I clung to the fact that He goes before us in all things and is a faithful God. A book I read last year said "God, in His wisdom, softly draws the curtain of His love across the future of our lives and lets us live day by day."  Love this!

Later in the week, while talking to Jeremie's mom, she reminded me of Psalm 139, which was actually read in church a couple weeks ago......it says "All of the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."  (Psalm 139:24).

So after a long week, J and I realized that God was telling us the same thing, even though it wasn't what we really wanted to hear. That being said...we're goin' to Texas!!! Now that the initial shock is over, I am excited to see what God has in store for us in Dallas.

There are no words for how much we have loved our time in Tallahassee and cherish all the people, experiences, and memories we have made here.  It will always be piece of us.  But luckily, "a man's ways are in full view of the Lord, and He examines all his paths. " Proverbs 5:21.

Jeremie and I have always said that as long as we have each other, we can go anywhere.  So here we go!  Tomorrow, we actually leave for the Big D to look at some rental homes.  The good news is that:

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts Katie. Good luck to you and Jeremie. You already have it right by praying first. Love you bunches.

    Cindy Lott

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll really like it in Dallas:) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete