Friday, July 21, 2017

Friday Favorites!

Well hello World and HAPPY FRIDAY! I feel sooooo behind on the blog (and life in general) after being gone for 10 days! I just barely know where to begin recapping our fabulous beach vacay.  Perhaps, it's because of the 5700 pictures on my phone. But, I have begun my attempt, so hopefully that post will be coming soon.  In Two Parts. Maybe 3. 

Anyway, in the meantime, let's do some Friday Favorites, shall we? Today, I'm linking up with Erika because she took one for the team and is modeling some FAB FALL FASHION on her blog today. I don't know about you, but the end of July means August which means football season is NIGH which means I need a sweater and some boots. And a cowbell. I say all this as it will still be 100+ degrees in Texas for another 90 days. A girl can dream, right?! Anywho....here we go....

1) Speaking of Fall.....I FINALLY gave in and purchased the "BLARDIGAN" at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale yesterday. This term is coined by one of my FAVORITE blogs, Sheaffer Told Me To, which means Blanket + Cardigan = Blardigan. She's been going on and on about it for 3 years and it's sort pricey, so the only way I would buy it would be on sale and yesterday I just happened to be in Nordstrom and happened to have some birthday money in my purse. I tried this thing on and ladies it is AS SMOOTH AS BUTTER. It is heaven on your body. I am ALWAYS cold, and sport a hoodie around my house all day long. (I'm blaming my thyroid issue and the fact that my husband is practicing to live in ALASKA) . So I knew I'd wear the heck out of this thing and sure enough, I pretty much haven't taken it off since I bought it.  I looked super redneck pulling my birthday money out of bank envelopes at The Nordstrom, but I didn't care. They had my size and color on sale and I had a toddler playing with the ALL THE BRAS at the register, so I had no time to worry about sophistication. (P.S. Although this looks like a regular cardigan, it's made by a lingerie company, so you'll find it in the pajama/lingerie section.

The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is open to the public, so grab your slice of butter cardigan heaven here. I got the shorter one that's a little more fitted. 

I know it just looks like a regular cardigan, but SERIOUSLY. I wish there was a touch and feel feature for computers!!! It's amazing. And the perfect setup for you nursing girls!  

The Calypso wrap version is SUPER POPULAR TOO this was the original Blardigan, but I'm 5'1", so it was a little long and bulky for me. I do love the ombre look though. I KNOW my sis is digging' the ombre. 



G had an INCREDIBLE time in the uber posh fitting room with the triple movable mirror. THEY DON'T MAKE 'EM LIKE THIS AT THE MARSHALL'S. Seriously, I could have eaten lunch, had a playdate, and taken a nap in there.

2) Two Fridays ago, I posted the neatest chart called the 30 Day Declutter Challenge. An immediately afterwards, I spotted his little jewel......


NOW THIS IS MY KIND OF CHALLENGE. I THINK I'LL START TODAY.
 
3) Speaking of napping, I kept meaning to post this pic of 'Lil G a couple weeks ago. Y'all, when I started the packing process for our beach trip, I realized we needed ALL THE THINGS. We ALL needed shorts, swim suits, shoes, toiletries, underwear....EVERYTHING.  You don't realize what you need until you try to start packing for a week. Apparently I was just wearing the same Danskin shorts and t-shirt ER'DAY. So me and 'Lil G essentially shopped all wee long for our trip. This is how he felt about ALL THE ERRANDS.


And you know what?! Even though I got some really cute and much needed summer wardrobe, I still wore the same pair of shorts and shirt essentially everyday after our pool/beach time.  #WINNERSNEVERQUIT. (Granted, they were a new pair of "active wear" shorts. So at least I have a new rotation.)

4) I also found this pretty funny on our way to the beach last week.  You can't see it well, but right next to our terminal to Mobile, Alabama, was the terminal for Chihuahua, Mexico.  So close, YET SO FAR AWAY. #twochoices


5) And finally, here's another random little nugget for you.....two of my favorite bloggers, Melanie Shankle (The Big Mama Blog) and Sophie Hudson (Boo Mama Blog), have their own podcasts and I absolutely LOVE them! It is the most random collection of entertainment, beauty products, and college football talk, and it's amazing! I have a hard time paying attention to really "deep" podcasts with a toddler in the back, so this is the most easy car-listenin'.  I randomly clicked on #29 on the way back from Destin and I WAS IN STITCHES. You can find all their podcasts here.  Listen now and thank me later!

Okay-that's all the random I got today! I committed to hosting a "Banana Split Party" at 10:30 last night that begins in an hour and a half, so I better peel this Blardigan off, put a bra on, get dressed, and get MOVIN'!

HAPPY FRIDAY FOLKS!

2 comments:

  1. I love the shorter blardigan. LOVE it! That would be so cute with boots and leggings this fall and winter. I love that color too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with it. I was thinking the same thing about the Fall...that color will go with jeans/black/brown/gray.....whatever! My husband has already coined it the Mr. Rodger's sweater....but you know what...#IDONTCARE ; ) HAPPY FRIDAY!

      Delete