Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday Favorites!

Well HELLO AGAIN and Happy Friday! I'm already patting myself on the back for attempting to post 2 days in a row! Fingers crossed that I actually finish this post, because it's nap time and Mama needs a minute.... ; ) 

As Greyson says (well, he copies this phrase from me) "BUT FIRST" (with the #1 finger by his mouth), let me give you my Friday Favorites....linking up with Erika today!



This week seemed to fly by and we had a good one.  I always count it as a WIN when Greyson is healthy enough to make it to both days of MDO AND Bible Study! Here are some fav moments from this week:

1) Football Saturday: After traveling for the first TWO weeks of football season, this was the first weekend we got to be HOME and do our classic tailgate spread and watch the game together at home.  It was GLORIOUS. 

Even little G fired up his grill ; ) 
Our spread included our favorites: Sausage balls, "MSU Sin" Cheese Dip, Bacon -wrapped jalapeƱos, and fruit and veggie platter!
But EVEN MORE GLORIOUS than this spread was the fact that WE KICKED LSU'S TIGER TAIL. Listen.  I DESPISE the LSU game, because they ALWAYS seem to come back from the grave and whoop us.  But there was not field-goal decider.....no last minute plays....no over our double-over time.  It was a good-ole fashion whoopin'.  And hey-I'm sorry LSU, but this has only happened twice in the last 16 years, so lemme just dwell in this, and I'll celebrate again next decade. 

2) Chuckie Cheese Birthday Party: Ok, so I Chuckie Cheese is a LOT rowdy, but oh my goodness, Greyson had THE BEST time at a birthday party here on Saturday morning.  I have never taken him to CC...(was kinda avoiding it), but the kid was enamored with everything from the games to rides to the light up dance floor to Chuckie himself.  It is always a favorite to see my little guy enjoy himself. 

Just look at that face of wonder.....
3) Sweet reminders: I bought this print a while back that says "Love Your Season".  This reminds me of Ecclesiastes 3:11, which has always been a very special verse to me.  In what we consider "chaos", I often have to remind myself to "Love Your Season".  I finally got it framed this week and love passing by it each day! (I also love that it was designed by Emily Ley, who has great planners and I'm loving her book, Grace Not Perfection.)


4) Preacher Man: In other deep thoughts, Greyson has been ALL ABOUT the B-I-B-L-E this week, which is adorable.  Between our little chat, MDO, and Bible Study on Wednesday, he is REALLY soaking some things up.  He carried it around with him all week and would sit down and say: "This is the Bible, God's TRUE WORD. Everything in it is TRUE."  And then when I'd ask him to tell me a story from the Bible, he'd open it up and say: "David fought the giant.  But what did he do BEFORE he fought the giant?".....PAUSE....."Pray to God".  And yes, I melted over and over and over again. The fact that he is actually absorbing this is mind-blowing. 


5) Happy Fall Y'all: And finally, TODAY is the first day of Fall, despite the fact that our temps still begin with a "9".  It is supposed to cool down next week, but I just couldn't wait to get started on the Fall cooking and decor.  So last week, I whipped up the Sausage balls, taco soup, pumpkin bread, and wassail! (This is actually a sneak peek of my upcoming Collin County Blogpost too!) 


Okay!!! It's official! I officially made it through this post and blogged 2 days in a row....I think it's Gecko's expression from yesterday's PJ Mask episode is fitting for how I'm feeling.....


Hope you had a great weekend and here's to a wonderful weekend!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment