Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday: Favorite Party

Today I'm linking up with Andrea and Shay on the Favorite Party I've hosted!


I LOVE to host a good party! It's really hard for me to pick ONE, there are different things I love about them all, so I'll give a few highlights from my favorites!

One of my favorite parties we hosted was our 2011 New Year's Eve Party. We were living on "the farm" at the time, so we had plenty of room to shoot fireworks and burn our Christmas tree. Jeremie and I even wrapped my exercise ball in trash bags and Christmas lights and did a ball drop from the balcony! It was nothing fancy-I think I served taco soup and had a hot chocolate bar...... but we had SUCH a blast! We moved to Dallas 3 months later, so this was a very special memory!







Another favorite party that I've hosted is the Ugly Sweater Christmas Party. We've done one in Dallas and been a part of 2 in Tallahassee. I feel like all inhibitions are immediately left at the door when everyone walks in looking absolutely ridiculous. I would highly recommend an Ugly Sweater Party if you want an assured good time!

Jeremie's outfit was inspired by Cousin Eddie from National Lampoon. 






SADLY, I do not have any photos of another fun party I hosted! In Tallahassee, we had a Ladies Ministry that did monthly dinners. The host would choose an ingredient and we'd all bring a dish with that ingredient in it! (For example, we did pumpkin, apples, etc.) So when my turn to host came around, they asked what ingredient I wanted, and I said DUH....CHOCOLATE! My month was was May, so we called it "Chocolate in May". Listen. It was the closest thing I can think of to heaven. There was fondue, pies, bars, cakes......everything chocolate!!!! It was so much fun!

Another favorite party that I did not host, but was on the "planning committee" was our Miss America party.  I'm from the South. Lord knows I love a pageant. I will not argue with you on whether these are morally degrading, right, or ethic.  I just love a pretty dress and big hair. And on stage interview questions.

Anyway, so a group of girlfriends hosted a watch party and everything was Miss America themed, down to our food. (For example, I brought 'Lil Smokies and called them "And the Wiener Is".) We even printed out judging sheets. There were crowns, sashes, and lots of laughs.







And last but certainly not least, my most recent favorite party was our Gender Reveal party back in June.  I have NO IDEA how people don't find out their gender OR know it and not tell anybody. I was busting at the seams to let the world know our little nugget was a BOY. You can read the full post here.







Looking VERY forward to hosting many more parties when we move back in to our home!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment