Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday Favorites

HAPPY FRIDAY! I feel like I'm a little late to the Friday Favorites party, but we were up earlier than usual this morning and jetted out to Sandy Lake Amusement park first thing for some Friday Fun! And although it's supposed to be a "cool front in Texas" this week (highs in mid-90's instead of triple digits), the sweat and the sun and the toddler chasing has left me exhausted! 

So this will be be short and sweet!  I'm linking up with Erika today, because she's sharing some super cute pics of the Donut Themed birthday party she just threw for her newest addition! 

1) Y'all know how I feel about going out to eat on Friday night with my fam.  It's my favorite time of the week! No cooking, no kitchen, no dirty dishes! Of course we have our favorite spots, but we try to take advantage of the sheer mass of restaurants at our fingertips and try something new often.  Well, I stumbled on Cuellar's Fajita Ranch in a newspaper article, and we tried it that night.  They are THE BEST fajitas I've ever eaten.  Even 'Lil G was a fan.  


If you're local, you must try it.  When we walked out, they had a cute little and playing outside and Greyson became the tiniest little groupie.  He loved it! If it hadn't had been 799 degrees and almost bedtime, we would've stayed longer. #weturnintopumpkins #at8:00


2) Speaking of local favorites, we hit up another favorite the next day, Henry's Ice Cream. Henry's is well known in the area and their Cinnamon ice cream is TO DIE FOR. It felt so summery to go on a little ice cream date with my fam.  (If this isn't on your Summer Bucket List, it should be!) They clearly gave me MORE THAN ENOUGH. But hey-I've never met a scoop I couldn't finish. 


3) And speaking of ice cream, our buddy Preston came over to play on Monday and they enough some cones while watching Blaze. Look at how they are sitting just alike.  Melts my heart. They are 5 days apart, and looking at them in this picture just makes me wonder how they got to be so big.  


For comparison's sake...here's their first photo together...
ALL THE TEARS.....
4) And speaking of Birthday buddies.....these two were actually born on the same day..just down the hall from each other.  And this week during lunch, Greyson shared one of his FAVORITE Monster trucks with Ford.  Actually seeing my son SHARE was certainly a favorite moment this week.  It's a struggle folks. Maybe the "Llama Llama Time to Share" book is actually having some impact.  ; ) 



5) And speaking of buddies, I had the best time at Mash'd last night in Frisco for Girls Night Out.  This was a Collin County Moms Blog meet up , and I love how Mama's from all different places and seasons can just come together. After another BUSY week of summer activities, this mama needed a night out!  (P.S.-If you're local, you should definitely join this group...click here!


And just for a little extra......here's another FAVORITE of mine.... ; ) Even though Summer is a bit crazy and lots of long days, I seriously treasure them. I feel like I've only got him all to myself for a very short time....

My whole heart. 
That's all I've got folks! I hope your Friday is full of fun and fajitas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment