Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our Very Bulldog Wedding

Our wedding was absolutely amazing, and we can't believe it's already been a month ago! Jeremie proposed in front of the chapel on campus, so ofcourse we had to get married there! (Besides the fact that we are a little obsessed with MSU.) Our wedding weekend started out with a trip to Mugshots when all of our family got to town on Thursday. I was very upset because I had to watch everyone eat delicious hamburgers, while I tried to behave myself so I could fit into my wedding dress. (Don't worry, I've made up for that missed hamburger.)

Friday started out with an awesome Bridesmaids Luncheon at Three Generations Tea Room, where I saluted all my lovely bridemaids. Then I put them all to work. And I mean work. Decorating the reception (at the Palmeioro Center) even included an 8 foot ladder, staple gun, painting, and a galvanized tub. (Disguised with a beautiful tablecloth, and BAM, you have a cake stand.) After decorating, we were off to the rehearsal, which also proved to be a challenge, as we tried to fit our bridal party of 17 on the alter. Jeremie warned his groomsmen, that whoever stood closest to Jeremie better be willing to marry me, because if he split, than I WOULD marry the next man in line. I kept telling him I was GOING to marry someone in the chapel on May the 9th, whether he showed up or not! : ) The rehearsal dinner followed, which was at the M-Club. (Where else would you have your rehearsal than overlooking the football field.) The dinner was amazing and complete with a slideshow of me and Jeremie growing up, toasts from our families, and ofcouse, cowbells.

Wedding day began immediately at 6:30 a.m. when I sat straight up in bed and thought: "AGGGHHHHH!!!! IT'S MY WEDDING DAY!" It was so surreal. In one way, it felt like another day of planning because I'd been planning so long, but as I was steaming my veil a couple hours later, I felt the reality of it. While I was at the salon getting hair and makeup done, I'd have a little crying attack every 30 minutes or so. But quickly, a team of professionals (aka Bridesmaids) fanned me viciously until I pulled it together.

Jeremie also got up at the crack of dawn at 5:30 a.m. and woke his parents up to go get breakfast. (Ofcourse that's the first thing a man thinks about on his wedding day.) He continued his all day eating fest with cheesticks at the Grill as I was laboring over hair and makeup. Nice that guys don't have to spend endless hours getting ready or worry about fitting into their tux.

God cleared the rain clouds just in time for us to start pictures. Jeremie and I had agreed to see each other before the wedding in order to save time and settle nerves. (Best decison we ever made.) So the photographer set up in a pretty spot beside the chapel for just me and Jeremie to meet. I walked out of the back door of the chapel and saw Jeremie for the first time. It was amazing. Except for the part where my dress got caught in the door. Did I really think I could get through a door with 8 feet of fabric following me??? Really? After the photographer rescued me, I was able to hug my groom. Another surreal moment. Jeremie had waited for this day for so long, and here it is!

The ceremony was beautiful. Walking down the aisle with my dad was so special. As we were saying our vows, I really couldn't believe we were actually standing there getting married. It went by so quickly. And as we waited to be announced husband and wife, all of a sudden Jack Crisitl's (famous MSU announcer) voice came over the speakers and said "Let's wrap this one up in maroon and white! I now pronounce to you Mr. and Mrs. Jeremie Wells!" Jeremie and I literally shrieked with suprise and excitement. We had no idea about it, and it was incredible and one of a kind! Props to the Maid of Honor (my big sis) for such an amazing and unforgettable exit. We rang our cowbells and it was offical, we were husband and wife! We rode off in a horse and buggy to our reception where we visited with family and friends and Jeremie SMOTHERED my face with wedding cake. (Which was fine with me, it was very yummy.) BTW, it poured down rain during the reception.

God POURED his blessings out that day; I couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks to all family and friends who put up with my bridezilla moments and bent over backwards to make our day special. Couldn't have done it without you.

As Jeremie and I were getting into the truck to ride off, the chapel chimes (which for some reason hadn't rang all day) sounded that it was 10:00. So romantic. As if that wasn't special enough, they continued to then play the fight song. Now, that's wrapping it up in maroon and white.

Eric Lee Photography has posted all of our wedding pictures at:


No comments:

Post a Comment