I'm linking up today with one of my favorites, Narci, for Friday Favorites! Grab the graphic and join in!
1) This is was our FIRST WEEK back to our complete routine, with Mother's Day Out, Bible Study, the whole bit. It was nice to get back into routine and have a little housekeeping reckoning with our humble abode. I saw this meme and had to laugh, because when Jeremie got home that afternoon, I literally ESCORTED him around the house and detailed the deep cleaning I had done. You know, so it was on the record.
2) I feel like G is growing physically, emotionally, verbally at lightning speed right now. He remembers things, references things, and is starting to understand reasoning. I had this cheap canvas print of mine leaning against the wall and SOMEHOW, one of his monster trucks ("Crusher", how ironic) ended up going right through it. I sighed in resignation and said "Greyson, buddy, you broke that! Tell Mommy you're sorry." He IMMEDIATELY said "Tools?! Fix it?!"...and ran and got his little toy tool box and starting screwing and hammering on it. I told him "It can't be fixed buddy, it's broken." He kept hammering away, so I moved on to doing something else. About five minutes later, he walked up to me, put my face in his hands and said: "I sorry."
And that right there was the end of my heart as we know it. A melted puddle of mush.
It just got me so tickled, that just like his Dad, he wanted so badly to just FIX it right away and make it all better. That little heart. The sweetest.
3) Like the rest the New Year's resolute-rs, Jeremie and I are on a quest to eat healthier! One of my favorite go to meals is Greek Chicken wraps. I line a wheat tortilla with hummus and load it with chicken, diced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, Kalmata olives, and a little Feta sprinkled on top! DELISH!
4) Today, I went to one of my favorite monthly events called The Nest. It's a ministry at Watermark Church for mothers of young children. Here's their Mission Statement: "The Nest is a family ministry that focuses on biblical parenting and equipping parents to train up their children in the way of the Lord (Prov. 22:6). Our goal is to equip parents to urture, ncourage, trengthen and rain the next generation to be passionate followers of Christ."
Each month, they provide breakfast while you hear speakers discuss different biblical parenting topics. Today, for example was "Anchored in Christ". I've received SO MUCH encouragement and biblical advise that has helped me in my role as a wife, mother, and believer. Anyone is welcome, sign up for the next session on their website here. (They do this event at the Dallas and Plano campuses of Watermark Church AND there is childcare!!!)
5) Lastly, here's the reading material I picked up at the library yesterday. I as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I dread it and have no idea what I'm doing. I feel like I'm just gonna set my standards really low and expect to be covered in pee for the next few months. Then, maybe I'll be super happy with any success. I'd LOOOOVE any suggestions you have!
Hope ya'll have an amazing weekend and HAPPY FRIDAY!