Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Favorites

HAPPY FRIDAY YA'LL!!!!  I'm linking up with one of my favs, Narci for Friday Favorites! Join in and let us know what your favorites are! 


1) I just love Fridays ya'll. Like I'm just giddy. Not sure why, because for a stay-at-home mom, my "work week" looks just like my weekend, LOL. Except we do get Daddy here more, so that's awesome! I guess there's just not as much pressure to keep everything "all together" during the weekend, so Fridays still feel festive! Plus, growing up, Fridays were just so exciting. I was always over at a friend's or had friends over. And my mom always made sleepovers so fun.  She would make our family recipe of homemade dough the night before, so we'd have homemade pizza on Friday night and then she'd make "French donuts"/Beignets the next morning.  Me and Jeremie still do this, so I hope to carry on the tradition for Greyson when he brings friends over! 

I thought I'd pass along the recipe! You might have to zoom in, but don't complain, people, I'm passing on a famous family recipe here......


2) Let's talk teacher gifts. Right now, Greyson only goes to BSF and Mother's Day Out, so I don't have that many. But Bath and Body Works has great deals all the time whether it's candles, lotions, soaps, etc. So I loaded up on hand soaps in all types of fun, summery scents. (They were like 7 for $24 and then I had a $10 off coupon!) On the thank you note I wrote: "Happy Summer! You can now wash your hands of my child!" It was easy, fast, cute and most importantly, involved no baking. 

I think this culture is overthinking the teacher gifts, people. Some people have a love, passion, and talent for this gift giving thing. If that's you, you work it girl.  But I noticed about two seconds after I handed over my carefully wrapped gift with fluffed tissue paper- it was shoved under the arm of one of the teachers as she had two or so kids in the other arm. 


3) I've been trying some new recipes this week and here were 2 of our favorites:

Eggplant Lasagna: it was delicious, but a lot of steps.....a labor of love.


P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps: These were EASY AND DELICIOUS! Definitely a keeper!  You can find the recipe here.


4) Dad took off work Thursday morning and we took advantage of the gorgeous weather and hit up the arboretum.  We had SO much fun! Love my boys. G was WORN OUT and took a 2 hour nap when we got home.  SCORE!!!


5) Sunday is MOTHER'S DAY! I am fortunate enough to have an AMAZING Mother (if you know Carol, you know).  I still have two grandmothers who have blessed my life incredibly. I couldn't have dreamed up a better Mother in Law and HER mom is pretty special too.  Sadly, Jeremie's grandmother on his Dad's side is not with us anymore. I am so sad I never got to meet her, because I hear that we would have gotten along just fine. ; ) Thank you, Lord for blessing me with amazing mothers in my life!

Clearly, being a mom makes me appreciate ALL mothers more. Moms-I know (because I feel it) that sometimes the redundancy of our everyday duties get......well, redundant. Please do not think that your efforts are futile. God has given us this job. Ephesians 2:10 helps me fight this feeling: "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."  





Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment