Monday, May 2, 2016

March and April

Well HAPPY MAY FOLKS. If you're like me, you're in complete and utter shock and denial that we are almost 5 months into 2016. After going through the pictures for this post, and I can't believe how much we've packed into March and April. The early March pics seem a million miles away. But it's been wild and it's been good.  Warning: this post contains 2 months of pictures. And I deleted lots. 

We kicked off March with Dr. Seuss' birthday at Mother's Day Out, which apparently is a VERY big deal to kids these days. Lord have mercy, does this mean I have to figure out every author and superhero's birthday?....because geez. But listen, I'm ALL about a theme, and if a theme makes my toddler happy, I'll dress up like Miss Piggy if I have to. Jeremie ordered him a Thing One t-shirt off Amazon and we found a bag at a dime store so we were set. And this was the BEST pic I could get of my little Texas tornado. 

                                                  

We've also spent a lot of time at the public libraries this month. Our area libraries are STACKED with all sorts of programs and storytimes and puppet shows, etc. each week. I encourage you to check yours, because they are fun and FREE and we also always leave with some new books and CD's. Plus, most of them have some great play areas so Greyson can try new toys. And of course he's obsessed with the Legos now, which I'm bittersweet about. I refuse to be consumed by 50-11 Lego bins in my home.

                                                

This was a GLOWING Lego table!!!

                                       

Library Playgroup!

                                     

We've also entered into a new phase of of tantrum-hood. It starts with a tired toddler......

                                                   

Leads to this......

                                                

And before you know it, you've got a full scale-four alarm tantrum. 

Just in case he didn't get across just HOW miserable he was......

                                                    

And the next day, I left town. Not kidding. But it was already planned. My Square One group from church planned ourselves a little overnight "retreat". We found out Jen Hatmaker was speaking about an hour away, bought our tickets, and booked a little cabin. Jeremie was a sweetheart and took Daddy duty all day Friday so I could have the entire day to myself. I started out with a "little" breakfast and enjoyed a day to just be still and do some Bible study.

One of my new favorite places, Coffee House Cafe
We had a blast listening to Jen Hatmaker, she was hilarious, but also deep and convicting! 

LOVE these girls! We have walked through mommy hood together!
One of G's new toys is the Swiffer. That's what I'm talkin about. Work.

                                                  

So it rained for a good portion of March.....April is proving to be the same....


But on the sunny days, we managed to hit up the arboretum and do some yard work.....again, when he's actually old enough to mow, he'll probably hate it....

                                               

                                         

Daddy is working on a playhouse, so ofcourse that required a trip to Lowe's.....

Is the anything sweeter than this. My boys.
We had our first Easter Egg hunt which I understand is technically above an 18 month-old skill level. Therefore, we practiced a little egg-hunting in the yard the day before. Just so we wouldn't be embarrassed, you know? But really-I was setting myself up for failure. Because if he DIDN'T do well, I'd feel inadequate, but if he did, all the other moms would feel inadequate. So I don't really know what I was going for here. But neither did G. 

                                          

The egg hunt was darling but ofcourse, I didn't quite get the Pinterest moment of my little cherub with his Easter bucket. Again, I'm setting myself up for failure every time I put a monogrammed shirt on this child. He WOULD NOT stop moving. 

                               

Then ofcourse he was completely terrified of the Easter bunny. 

                        

Our real Easter Sunday (which is what it's all about, right) was a success with church and a delicious traditional Easter lunch. 

                                            

                                  

 In very sad circumstance, we did take a trip to Mississippi to attend my grandfather's funeral. He was special ya'll. One of a kind. That being said-it just seems too weird to include a tribute in this post, so I'll tell you about him soon.

We were SUPER delayed on the flight over, but sitting in the baggage sizer seemed to keep G content. #whateverworks
 We had fun playing on the farm in the puddles with Pop. 



I barely got back home before a terrible batch of storms came through Texas. I had to take a picture though of the meteorologist's description of how big the hail could be.........hen egg size. People, I grew up on a farm and I didn't even know what hen egg size is........

                          

Until it started falling deafeningly onto our roof and cars. So let me just show you what hen egg size is.......

It totaled my car, badly damaged J's truck, and completely busted through our cousin's windshield who happened to be spending the night with us. Yep, Allstate pretty much hates us. In 18 months, they've had to rebuild our house and replace our vehicles. #youringoodhands

Our sweet friends are expecting and had a gender reveal party. The dad thought outside the box and filled a huge balloon with blue powder and shot it with a bow and arrow and the powder exploded into the air. It was adorable and I'm pretty sure Jeremie was jealous and this will probably happen for our next kid.

If you look closely, you'll notice that out of 20+ people in this photo, my two are the ones with their eyes closed and completely turned around the other way. #proudmama

The party was so fun and we were supposed to wear the color we thought the baby was. G wore his blue tie for the win.....


                                    
And while I was taking advantage of this darling mini photo shoot.......he squatted down....

                                                 

And yep, pooped his little heart out as he was hiding behind the bushes. Me and Jeremie were laughing SO HARD.

In other news, Mr. Tinypants got his own chair....

                                                 

And motorized 4-wheeler......

                                                  

Which he uses to ride up to the fridge and stand on to steal goodies...

                                              

Tell me I'm not reaping the rebellion my husband sowed as a child. 

We've enjoyed the railroad muesum...........


And playground time with our BFF........

                                      

And bathtime...........



And our new dump truck PJ's.......

                                         

And wheeled down to BBQ with the neighbors...... 


And playtime with our friends......(that's right, I watched 3 kids at one point)

                                               

We've also been working on "bible study" every day, and on this particular day, G proceeded to stand on the "Ba-Ble"......

He's standing on the promises of God, folks. 
There were a couple times this month where I looked at G and just thought.....what happened???....where is my baby....he just looked like such a little boy.....

                                                

                                               

Too bad he has no confidence......


We also hit up the Bluebonnet Festival in Ennis and rode around their designated Bluebonnet Trails to take some pictures.  I redeemed myself on this photo shoot ya'll. So much that it deserves it's own post. But here's a sneak peek for your viewing pleasure.


Ennis had an adorable downtown and we had such a great time at the festival. We are such festival people, ya'll.  And I love that this area just has so many of them.  G enjoyed the music, the ice cream, the car show, and even the petting zoo. 

                                                    

                                                       

Just for giggles, let me tell you what my precious husband did. He is all about me rubbing his feet, which is completely something I do out of godly, wifely obedience. Apparently, he had a little chat with Siri and this kept popping up on my phone one day.


This month I was also working with some fellow Bulldogs on a big alumni event because we had the head basketball AND head football coach, Dan Mullen to come speak. We had it at the Gaylord Texan and it turned out great. 




And finally.....our CC came to visit which we always LOVE. We played at the arboretum, went to Marshall's (DUH), and even had a Ladies Night Out.  (Well, until I turned into a pumpkin at 9:15.) 

                                             

                                        

She's still my BFF. 
Whew......... all that just makes us tired.........

                                                     

Can I just say too that even though you are seeing the fun, darling, picturesque highlights from this month, these are HIGHlights. I wanna be real and say that in between those days, these last couple of months have been logistically hard in a lot of ways. We've passed around the stomach bug, a cold, and other circumstances had us just off normal routine. And Lord KNOWS, I'm all about (and most comfortable) in a routine. But I know it's good for me to feel out of control.....it just reminds me of my dependence on Christ. My devotion reminded me of this a couple of weeks ago, and I'd love to share it with you in case you are feeling the same way.

                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment