Thursday, June 2, 2016

May Days

May has come and gone! I LOVE May-it's not 564 degrees yet, and it holds our anniversary, Mother's Day and the start of summer time! I hear that May is super stressful for mommies of school-aged kiddos though, so we'll see how I feel in a few years.  

We kicked off this month with a Mother's Day Tea at Greyson's Mother's Day Out program. (He goes on Tuesdays from 9-2 and he LOVES it!) 

This wasn't a huge production or anything, but for me, this is the stuff that just fills my mama heart. 


His teachers sent us home with a little coaster that had their hand prints on it. Pretty sure I'll cry over this every Mother's Day as his little hand grows. 


Daddy took off half a day and joined us at the arboretum....


And in EVERY SEASON I'm always amazed at how beautiful and different it is! It is always perfection! This is our happy place!


On a completely unrelated note, we have a new love of Papa Murphy's Take and Bake pizzas....WHY have we not discovered this yet? On Friday nights, you can get a $5 Large! AND I just so happened to have a coupon for their S'mores pizza. A S'MORES PIZZA ya'll. I didn't even try to control myself.


We also took a field trip to Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch about 45 minutes away in Pilot Point. It was a large zoo-ish type place with a random mixture of animals like camels, goats, lemurs, zebras, kangaroos and a couple black bears. 


Can we all take a moment to LAUGH OUT LOUD at the pot bellied pig with his tummy dragging the ground?
They have a tram that you ride around the property. G was DYING to go on it until we got on it, of course. Then he kinda shut down. Perhaps it was the camel who was ALL UP IN OUR GRILL.


He was literally running after our tram!
Mother's Day was the next day and we celebrated with hamburger steaks that Jeremie cooked after church. Nothin say's "We love Mama" like some french fries with brown gravy. Amen, Praise the Lord. Then I rebelled apparently against all motherhood and spent the afternoon by myself. (Mamas-you know a little alone time is what you really wanted...I was just brave enough to claim it.) So with my alone time, I did something I've never done before...I went to a movie by myself! To a movie called...you got it....Mother's Day. I hit up the Studio Movie Grill, where I indulged in a fabulous Ghiradelli Brownie Sundae all by my lonesome. When I got home my boys had planted some flowers for me. : )


I couldn't believe this was my second Mother's Day with my Lil G. Being a mom is seriously the biggest joy and dream come true for me. Please excuse the bare feet--I had already shucked the wedges immediately after church!
We also celebrated our 7 year anniversary, HOLY MOLY. I can't believe it's been 7 years. We didn't take a trip this year, so for our anniversary meal, I tried to emulate some of our favorite dishes that we've had on our big vacations. This included a charcuterie board, truffle fries, pulled pork nachos, and blueberry pie. I know, it was random, but it was GOOD. I printed out pictures from each of these vacations and it was fun to reminisce about each one while we ate.


Our official anniversary dinner came on Saturday since Nona came to town! We ate a delicious dinner at III Forks and then went to see the Wicked production, which I've been wanting to see for YEARS! It was FABULOUS!

We're all FANCY! I wish you could see a close up of my darling sparkly shoes, but I'm not quite transparent enough [yet] to show you a close up of my feet.....but they were darlin!

We started the "Summer O' Fun" which you can read about here

Sadly, the Summer O Fun is on a break this week due to Mama and Daddy being down with sinus infections and bronchitis. That was NOT on the Summer Bucket List. Such is life.
We wrapped up with Memorial Day and this little guy in his adorable muscle shirt.



This is what he does when you ask him: "Show me your muscles!" 
 So that was May! Bring on June! 

No comments:

Post a Comment