Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Fab February

I'm pleased to announce that the larger portion of this month has been fairly calm and we've been able to get back into our routine.  The SWEET TASTE OF VICTORY Y'ALL. Will it last long? Who knows.

Thinking back to the VERY beginning of February, we were still kicking the stomach bug in the tail. Jeremie had to take Greyson to his re-check because I was knocked out cold from Phenergan recovering. I was looking at J's pics the other day and found this little jewel from their trip to the doctor.


My husband claims he HATES taking selfies, but I always manage to find several of him and G on his phone.

Once Greyson put on his fire hat and grabbed his toolbox, I knew we were on the road to recovery.




We felt like it was time to split town after all the drama-rama, so we had a little getaway to Houston to hang out and attend a marriage conference.  You can read all about that here


Since we lived it up in Houston the prior weekend, we didn't do anything big for Valentine's Day. My little chef helped me whip up a batch of Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies, which apparently is the gift that keeps on giving. The pants are a little tighter y'all. 


The following weekend was our first NORMAL non-sick, non-travel, family weekend we've had in over a month.  So we took advantage of the amazing weather and hit up the Dallas Zoo.  Honestly, I think me and J had just as good/better time than G.  He's never been quite as interested in Petting Zoos or animals as he is in trucks/tractors/construction sites.




After nap time we headed to darlin' McKinney to visit Tupps and eat on the square.


I will say Tupp's is very "family friendly"....they had a band going and lots of outdoor space.  But keep an eye out when you are outside, because there seemed to be a lot of random debris lying around that looked dangerous. My mama brain was just thinking: TETANUS SHOT!!! 

I'm trying my BEST to convince my friend in Georgia that they need to move back to DFW....McKinney is a possibility for them so I was really trying to milk it.
For all you Mamas who strive to keep their home neat throughout the day.....THIS is what we were dealing with last Monday. 

Greyson clearly found the cotton balls
And you know what ya'll.....I LEAVE THE MESS. All day, er'day.  Because it's like chasin' the wind people.  Pointless. I do realize there are people that can't handle this all day.  And I wish I were you.  I will say that even though the seventh circle of  hell had taken residence in my living room, my bed in the adjoining room was perfectly made with all 56 throw pillows perfectly placed.  Because that's my thing.  It's one small area I can control and when I look at it, it makes me feel sane and gives me a sense of accomplishment.  

So by the afternoon, when my friend Lindsey asked us to go to Safari Run, I was like: Yes, Please, and Thank You.  We ran, slid, climbed, and crawled till we couldn't anymore!  It is a super fun place!  

By the middle of the week, it was MAMA'S TURN, so Lindsey and I decided to take a day trip down to Magnolia Market at the Silos.  It was SO cute and so much fun.  I did a full review that you can read here.


We laid low this weekend since we are leaving on Friday for our big SPRING BREAK trip to Mississippi.  Funny thing. When I was in high school and college, all I wanted to do for Spring Break was get OUT of Mississippi.  Now we live in one of the biggest cities in the U.S. with endless attractions, and we couldn't be more excited to be going TO Mississippi for Spring Break!  #youcantakeagirloutofthecountry  #needmymommy

Anyway, we went to our favorite brunch spot, which is the same place that put me into labor with Greyson.  In short, I was HUUUUUUUGE and my doctor was going to wait ANOTHER WEEK to induce me.  I was like, "No thank you."So me and my fellow preggar friend, Jorie, went to brunch.  I ate friend chicken and waffles and four slices of bacon.  I came home and walked Manny like three miles.  And at 2:00 a.m., my water broke.  Nailed it! 


I love the toddler spying G's pancakes behind the booth! #hungergames
Afterwards, we went to Lowe's to pick out some stuff for the house.  Apparently, there is in innate, manly aura and attraction of Lowe's to any male specie, regardless of age.  We were walking down the aisle, and Greyson looked up at me and said:  "I SO HAPPY." I think Jeremie teared up. He said: "I so happy too, buddy." #broslovelowes

Excuse me, but when did he turn 17.
He LOVED playing with the drills.  They are tethered to the wall and unfortunately, we pulled one a little too hard. And the alarm went off.  


Tuesday was "Dr. Seuss Day" at school.  GOOD THING Mr. Tinypants is in the lower percentile for weight, because Mama forgot.  I breathed a big sigh of relief when I slipped on last year's shirt and called it a day.  I don't have anything against Dr. Seuss, I just don't have any of the books, so I really don't think Greyson appreciated it as much as some of the other kids.  Now, if there were a "Blaze Day"??? It'd be on.  #letsblaze


Yesterday was also Jeremie's birthday.  I got permission to forgo the usual cookie cake with Jeremie's name misspelled (happens EVERY YEAR no matter how many times I tell them) and instead, made cupcakes.  Greyson loves to wear his apron, stand on his kitchen stool and eat chocolate chips help.

We did gifts on the patio and for dinner, I made one of our favorite recipes handed down from Morgan, my Florida friend.


Because you NEED this recipe in your life, here you go:

Vodka Chicken

1)  Pour Panko breadcrumbs on a large plate
2) Mix 3 eggs with a splash of milk & salt and pepper. 
3) Coat about 4 large chicken breasts in crumbs, then egg mixture, then in crumbs again.  
4) Heat some olive oil and 1-2 teaspoons of butter in a skillet
5) Cook chicken in skillet about 5 minutes on each side or until bread crumbs are golden crispy. 
6) Bake in oven at 400 for about 15 minutes on each side (put a little butter in the bottom of your pan)

Meanwhile....make the sauce: Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in same skillet. Saute about 4 gloves of garlic. Add lots of white wine, enough to cover 1/2 inch of pan.  Let this boil.  Add 6 oz of tomato paste and a medium sized whipping cream.  ( I used about 2/3 of the pint sized one.) Add a dash of salt & pepper, a tablespoon of red pepper flakes, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Let this boil (low bubbles) for 5-10 minutes.  

Remove chicken and top with sauce.  You can serve with any type of pasta, I used cheese tortellini last night! ENJOY! 
____________________________________________

But I'm pretty sure that Jeremie's favorite gift was this.......

Greyson asked him to "lay down" for books, which has never happened.  Isn't this the most darling thing?  There's my whole heart....lying on the floor.  

And that was February y'all! Hope you had a good one and onward MARCH we go....get it?! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment