Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday Favorites

HAPPY FRIDAY to you! As usual, I'm linking up with Narci for Friday Favorites! 
1) It was Western Wear week at school.  (Greyson goes Tuesday and Thursday.) Y'all know how much I love a theme! So this is like my love language. I didn't want to spend a fortune, because contrary to popular belief, Texans actually do not wear boots and cowboy hats every day.  So I hit up my favorite children's consignment store, Once Upon a Child, and sure enough they had exactly what I needed.  I scored some plaid shirts and Carhartt overalls.  I found a hat at Hobby Lobby, and hit the JACKPOT with this belt buckle for $1 on the clearance aisle.  He was the cutest little cowboy I ever did see. 




2) I spotted this blog post this week and it really spoke to me! It is titled: "What If All I want is a Mediocre Life?" I get sort of wrapped up sometimes in whether I'm supposed to be "doing more" or "want more" (purpose, that is) and I feel like society tells us we are supposed to.  Like, if we don't have these huge, dramatic dreams, we really just aren't achievers. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! 

3) Our refrigerator kicked the bucket on Sunday and Lord have mercy, have I been taking my fridge for granted. (You can read about how I handled this monumental appliance breakdown here.) Therefore, eating and cooking meals has been super difficult, especially since J was out of town; even if I wanted to cook, there was NO PLACE for the leftovers!  So we've essentially been living on peanut butter jelly, chips, and squeezables. (IT DID NOT HELP that my hubby was in West Palm Beach and eating at all the FINE DINING establishments they have to offer.) By Wednesday, I was over it, and Greyson and I had a lunch date at Sugar and Spice, a little cafe I've been wanting to try.  It was delicious homemade deli food and a counter FULL of goodies. We had the best time and after a 25 minute debate, Greyson finally picked "the bunny cookie."


Maybe ONE day, I'll be having tea parties. This is it for now though.
4) Greyson and I finally made our first Texas Dirt Cheap run and had a big time. Again....I'm warning you-this is a place you will dig...but that's the fun of it! They had a ton of Target stock, so I picked up a Paw Patrol blanket (for $3), a Camelbak bottle, and some Sperry shoes for G ($4!). 

G was SUPER interested in this tiny Barbie doll car. 


And then he found the BIG WHEELS. This took some super negotiation to get out of the store without this thing.


5) In light of point #2 above, I started reading Jeanie Allen's Nothing to Prove this week. This is my first book of hers; I keep hearing about Restless, but the description of this one really grabbed me! It's SOOO GOOD Y'ALL. If you struggle with validation/performance, this book is for you! Check it out!

Hope everyone has a FABULOUS WEEKEND! 

No comments:

Post a Comment