Tuesday, March 7, 2017

My Favorite Mommy Resource

Happy Tuesday to you! I'm still in the Magnolia State sitting in the QUIET of my in-laws home while my little guy naps.  Everyone else is at work. (I'll admit, I participated in a little nap of my own.  My in-laws have this huge red couch that is the BEST for napping and I just can't say no.)  And since I'm not in my own home, I don't feel the tug to "accomplish" anything.  Glory, Glory, Hallelujah.

I can't believe Spring Break is here, which means I'm sitting here with my calendar open jotting down all the upcoming spring activities and events.  And even starting to pencil in summer plans.

So I wanted to share my "go to" resource for all the best activities/events/happenings around the area!

Collin County Moms Blog has some awesome resources all in one place so you don't have to be trollin' the internet all day long. (Collin County Moms Blog is a sister site of the national City Moms Blog Network, with over 70 city blogs!  So if you aren't local, don't fret! You definitely check to see if there's one in your area!)

Here's three features that I know you'll love: 

1) Every month, they publish a Calendar full of amazing events and happenings around our area.  Click here for a guide to the month of March! Out of this list, I marked down St. Patrick's Day on the Farm (at Heritage Farmestead Museum), The Chestnut Square Farmers Market, and MOST DEFINITELY The Cookie Monster Class at The Village Shops in Allen.


2) Summer is around the corner! Click here for Collin County's Ultimate Summer Camp Guide. Sadly, Greyson is too young for camps right now, but listen, when he turns that magical THREE years old next year, it's on.


3) The Collin County Guides archive is FULL of information like Best Indoor Play Places, Where Kids can Eat Free, Staycation Ideas, Gluten Free Restaurants, Free Playdate Locations, Unique Eats, Classes and Workshops in Collin County, Volunteer Opportunities for your children, Best Birthday Party Locations....the list just goes on and on!  I've lived in Collin County for 5 years and seem to learn something/somewhere new all the time from this blog!

In addition to this content, CCMB hosts super fun events too.  Some for just the mommies, and some for the families. I attended the kickoff event for the blog in October at Watters Creek and several of the shops spoiled us with goodie bags, massages, food, and coupons! And free chocolate.

There are two upcoming events that you should put on your calendar:

Bloom: This is a pampering event for new and expecting mothers in McKinney on May 18th.


Mommy Speed Dating: Meet your New BFF: Let's face it ladies. Collin County is big and with kids, it's hard to meet friends. This event uses the "speed dating style" to help mama's have a fun night out and meet some new friends! This will be in McKinney on June 6th.


In addition to info about activities and events, this website is CHALK FULL of just GOOD STUFF. Topics range from potty training to handling toddler tantrums to postpartum expectations and everything else that comes under the GREAT BIG title of MOM. There are many days where I read something and think: "Whew, ok, I'm not crazy."  Well, yeah, I'm crazy, but I'm not ALONE in my crazy.  In fact, here's three blog posts that I've come across in the last few weeks that have hit the nail on the head for me:

This one is about marriage.  This one is about Multitasking.  (Bless it.)  This one is about understanding isolation as a SAHM.

I'm super excited that I get to contribute an article each month to CCMB! I'll be sharing these posts here from time to time!  Even so, this isn't an advertisement....I really just wanted to share what is a go to site for me every day that provides ENCOURAGEMENT for me as a mom.

Hope y'all enjoy as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment