Wednesday, May 3, 2017

April Is For Fools....

Hello friends. Okay! Here we are at May...and it's time for the April recap.  I feel like I could pretty much summarize April in emojis.....




And that's IT!!!! We started potty training (which you can read all about here), and that has pretty much consumed the month! G is definitely catching on, but we're still having some issues with #2. Let's just say that when I picked him up at school yesterday HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE HIS OWN SHIRT ON. How do you POOP on your shirt?!! It made me think of the scene in Daddy Day Care when Eddie Murphy walks into the bathroom to check on one of the toddlers...


Regardless, April has been good and it is nice to just get that first month of training behind us! 


We did get out of the house a little bit.....don't worry...the potty was always close!

Greyson's favorite thing lately is to just play in the dirt on the baseball fields by our house...This picture just makes me imagine him being 7...then 12...then 16 in a baseball uniform...
 I believe the appropriate emoji for that would be...

We also took our annual trip to the Ennis Bluebonnet Festival, which was fun, but didn't quite go according to plan. Essentially, we got stuck behind 5,472 cyclists, trespassed on some property, were mean to each other because we were hANGRY, and I lost it in the Tractor Supply. (You can read all about that fateful day here.)

Greyson essentially held it for 6 hours. Beautiful pic for the mantle, right?
But because we NEVER admit to failure, here's the pictures I would've posted on social media.....



With the perfect caption: "Great day at the Bluebonnet Festival with my people!" In reality, I cried halfway home and wanted to lock myself in the closet when we got there. LOL....just kidding...there were some salvageable moments and we did make some hilarious memroies. And I DO love my people!

We hopped a plane for Easter which WAS super successful and fun trip....aside from G falling into my in-laws pool...all the details here!


We hit up the GRAND OPENING of the new Dirt Cheap in Allen! I still can't believe we have a Dirt Cheap here...many of my friends are completely shocked that I go here...but I'm sorry...you can take the girl out of Mississippi......


G loves junkin' like is Mama....

This also sums up our April....Greyson wears his bike helmet ALL DAY ER'DAY. In this particular moment, he had helped me make cinnamon toast with his bike helmet on (duh), and after he ate, we found big globs of butter all over his helmet! #kidsinthekitchen

Our new addition in the backyard has also been G's favorite addition this month! Jeremie whipped up a sandbox one weekend and G has spent HOURS in it. He is even super content to play in there by himself. It might be the cheapest babysitter I've had yet.


Our new favorite playdate is Urban Air.....this is exactly the atmosphere toddlers need to be in.  Padded rooms with trampolines! 



I did end April with a bang! I headed to the lake for an overnight retreat with my home group ladies!!! We had SO much FUN! Definitely a nice reward after a tough month! Super thankful for a hubby that doesn't bat an eye at taking charge overnight!

These are my people! Love these ladies!


The night we were there the weather was actually HORRIBLE. There was a terrible tornado that went just a few miles east of us. We did end up in the storm closet a couple of times!
 The weather was beautiful the next day though.....and I traded the above serene, peaceful scene.......


For this little muffin......


Mama definitely needed a little breather, but even with just one night away, I was happy to come home to my little wildman. They just steal your hearts, don't they?....

And THAT was April! Everything is starting to wind down now, and I'm actually pretty excited to be headed into May and SUMMERTIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment