Friday, January 1, 2010

A Very MARRIED Christmas

Christmas season as newlyweds has been so much fun for us! I LOVE Christmas and couldn't wait to get all my stuff out to decorate. Of course, the first adornment had to be the tree. Which MUST be real. Jeremie believes fake Christmas trees are a sin. So we headed to a plant nursery here in town, where we strategically chose our first tree, I stole some branches for decorating, and off we were, just like Chevy Chase with it tied to the truck.

The living area of our new place is actually on the 2nd floor, so the two of us lugging a very full 7 foot Frasier Fur up the stairs was quite entertaining. I decorated, and Jeremie watched, informing me of places I missed, that looked like they needed an ornament. : ) He actually got in the Christmas spirit and decorated the balcony while giving me a great rendition of Jingle Bell Rock. Here is our work of art.




And here is Jeremie in the Christmas Spirit.



Not really sure where he got the idea to pair a Cabana hat with a Wyatt Earp scarf. He always keeps me entertained.


Jeremie's parents also visited in December, just in time for the Victorian Christmas Night in Thomasville, which is a really charming town about 30 minutes from here. Now these people love Christmas. They shut down the entire downtown and have carriage rides, a live nativity, carolers, fake snow, and of course, lots of food. We had a blast.



BTW, this was the Snow Princess in the rug shop in town.....I hope she's ready to relinquish her place on top of the Rug Mountain, because I think I want to be the Snow Princess next year......beware honey....





The next day we took them to the Tallahassee Car Museum, which should really be called the Hobby Museum, because they had a collection of every topic you'd ever imagine. It was so cool. There was everything from the first Model T off the assembly line to the Batman car used in one of the movies. It was like stepping back in time, literally; they even had a car like the one from Back to the Future!! We had a great time. It was great to have Cate and Mitch at our new home!




Christmas came around quickly, and we headed back to MS. We were able to spend lots of time with our families: breakfast in pajamas at Jeremie's grandparent's and traditional lunch with my family at Grammy and Big Jack's. The next night we had my mom's second annual "Souper Saturday" where I got to see my dad's side of the family. (And load up on about 7 different types of soups..hey, it's Christmas.)

The holidays makes us thankful for our loving families, good health, and God's grace. He's been so good to us, and we look forward to what he leads us to in the new year.






No comments:

Post a Comment