Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Wells Weekly: Thanksgiving

Whew...can't believe Thanksgiving was just last week!  Everything has moved on so quickly to Christmas that it seems like a lifetime away!  Thanksgiving was fabulous and busy.  I spent four nights in four different places!  Fortunately, since our families live so close, we get to make our rounds to everyone.  (Quick rounds, that is.)  

Round 1: Jeremie's family:  We got to spend some sweet time with Judah, who has already gotten so big!  He had his 1st set of shots the day we got home, and he was NOT happy.  Fortunately, I got lucky and when I held him, he settled down......since I didn't want to mess up a good thing (wink,wink) I held him a looong time.....and reluctantly handed him over to Uncle J eventually....



We finished up Round 1 by eating lunch with Jeremie's family.  It was great to catch up...everyone is so spread out now..so we have to talk 90 to nothing to squeeze in everything....

Round 2: My family: Then we headed to Hattiesburg to visit Grammy & Big Jack, and my aunt & uncle were there as well.  I couldn't resist Grammy's famous cornbread dressing, so I loosened up my belt, and took the plunge.  (And there was just enough room to squeeze it a Farm Cookie or 2.)  After that, Steven, Amy, I went to see Puss n' Boots, which was totally hilarious!  (I found myself trying to talk in a Spanish accent frequently afterwards.)  We loved it and it was fun to have a siblings only outing.The next day I caught up with Grandma & Papa and our conversations spanned from cooking failures to our faith...gotta love it....

Round 3: Black Friday Shopping: I honestly cannot believe Mom & I braved Black Friday, but boy did we have a good time.  We tossed around the idea the night before as we were eyeing the $19.99 boots at Belk, but I knew there'd be no point, as there would be nothing left by the time we got there.  Well, at 5:30 a.m., I got up to take a bathroom break, and Mom peeked in my room and said she was going to hit the town.  So I decided..what the heck...I can sleep later.  I definitely didn't look like a rock star, but I wasn't going to impress.  I was going to conquer. And that we did.  There were millions of boots left and the crowd wasn't bad at all.  In fact, we were probably a lot safer going at 6:00 a.m. then getting tazed and trampled at 3:00 a.m. We had a great time; it's been forever since Mom & I did a shopping marathon. 

Round 4: The Battle for the Golden Egg: After shopping and recharging, Amy, Mom and I left for Starkville at 6:00 Friday night!  I wanted to see some of the cute new shops, and Jeremie and I never have time when we go.  So Saturday we got up early and hit the town. Starkville has changed so much; it makes me feel so old.  Then again, it's been 5 years since we graduated...hard to believe. 

Jeremie and Dad rode up to Starkville together that morning, so we met them for some cheesesticks at the grill and headed to the game!  The weather was terrible but the stadium was rockin!  We are no fair weathered fans, so we covered up good and cheered the Dawgs to a 31-3 victory!!!!!  Nothing like beating Ole Miss.....



This little guy was not letting the rain get him down either; he stood in the middle of the sidewalk and  high-fived  people as they walked by....adorable...this will probably be our child one day....
Round 5: SEVEN.HOUR.RIDE.HOME. 



No comments:

Post a Comment