Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy 2013!

Here we are entering another year!!!  I try not to be one of those people that is always saying that "Oh, this year has flown by!" or "Where has this year gone?!"  I like my year to feel like a year and know where it has gone.  But I'm gonna be totally cliche, and say "This year has FLOWN by." This year was essentially consumed by deciding to move to Texas, to actually moving to Texas, to buying our first home and moving AGAIN. I read most of my blog posts from this past year and it feels like everything happened yesterday! (And it made me terribly miss my Tallahassee folks--love ya'll!) But it was interesting to look back at everything that has transpired this year! I PRAISE God for his presence this year. I have never talked so much to the Lord like sweet Jesus himself was sitting in the room, but I know I talked his poor ear off this year! (And some of this might have been adjusting to being at home by myself with no one else to talk to.....LOL.)  An excerpt about the new year by Jim Reimann really spoke to me:

"It seems we often approach a new year with mixed emotions, sometimes hesitant to let go of the past, even as difficult as our past year may have been.  We tend to view the past with the idea that at least it is something known, while we view the future as a complete unknown.  For believers, however, this should not be the case.  Although we do not know the future in detail,we know the One who has made great promises to us as He guides us there.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  
-Jeremiah 29:11-13.

So.....on a lighter note, our New Year's celebration was quite calm compared to our Christmas-tree-burning, ball-dropping party we hosted last year. We both were more interested in rest & relaxation, so we cooked a  good meal and rang in the New Year in our pajamas. I think lights were out by 12:30. I did snap one picture of my boys....


Now if that doesn't make your New Year happy, I don't know what will!!!

Happy New Year from the Wells!

No comments:

Post a Comment