Wednesday, March 2, 2016

January/February

Say WHAT?! It's March?! I didn't blog separately about January and February, because honestly, there was no need. The latter half of January and first half of February can be summed up in one word: SNOT. I'm sorry if that offends you, but chances are if you have a child, you're hurting for me right now. You're having your own flashbacks about the blue suction bulb, the Nose Frieda, or torture device of  your choice. Listen, between cutting molars and a terrible cold, we were drowning in the stuff.  

About the time things started looking up, Greyson shared the love and Jeremie and I both ended up with sinus infections and bronchitis. The good news is we purchased stock in Kleenex and can now retire. 

Even though these months were challenging, we squeezed in some fun! Our Nona and Papa (J's parents visited, we went to the zoo with friends, did a Gymboree class, and celebrated Dr. Seuss Day at school. Sadly, even the best pics from these activities were blurry. It's like chasin' the wind, people. 

We babysat for Greyson's little buddy, Brayden, one day and it was super fun. I really was thinking it was going to be SHEER chaos but the two actually entertained each other instead of me being a complete show monkey for Lil G all day. So it wasn't as exhausting as I was expecting. But no, it did NOT give me the itch for #2, so Mom, you can put away the booties you just knitted.


Greyson shared his TOYS very well.....not so sure about his dad......


When I say "Greyson is just in to everything!.......I mean...IN to everything.....


Let's just say we've introduced the word "NO" the past couple months. And here's how that usually turns out....


On Valentine's Day, my hubby let me off duty for a few hours. Again, please don't judge. We exchanged cards and kisses earlier, but every mom out there knows the most romantic gift when you have a toddler is alone time! (For those of you who wonder what in the world I did with my free time, I went to Breadwinners and drank hot cocoa while eating strawberry cake and reading a book without cardboard pages or animal sounds!

So when I came home.....I found Ft. Greyson in my very own living room. My first thought was.....that's our only clean set of sheets with the dirty chalkboard tablecloth...but I can't help but overflow with happiness at the fun these two have together. And the shenanigans they can come up with while I'm gone.


Greyson's been working hard to decide on his future career...

Carpenter......


Fireman.....


Landscaper....


Negotiator....


Sports Analyst...


Race car driver......


He talked to Lambert about it.......


All this indecision calls for a nap.......


For now, he seems content to just be a little boy......


And oh how I love that little boy. The days just get more and more fun as his personality develops. I feel so incredibly blessed to be his mom!  

On to March, spring, warmer weather and lots more fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment