Thursday, September 21, 2017

August Recap {Better Late Than Never}


WOW. The August Recap passed me by without a fleeting thought. (I considered joining August and September, but DEAR GOODNESS that stress me out.) So we'll hit Rewind and  reminisce.  

I'm usually not a Negative Nancy, but to be honest, a general look back at August does not fill me with warm thoughts.  It seemed to hold everything from horrible natural disasters to my BFF's Dad suddenly being diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung Cancer, to a health scare for my brother-in-law (who is in remission from lymphoma.) GEEZ.  The Lord's ear certainly heard HEAVILY from The Wells household in August. 

I will say that it was amazing to watch our country respond whole-heartedly to ALL who were suffering from the hurricanes, my friend's Dad was in a ONE PERCENT grouping who didn't required classical chemo, and my brother-in-law's scare is just an infection.  PRAISE THE LORD for answered prayers. 

And in the meantime, there certainly were some fun moments in August.  So let's chin-up and celebrate those, shall we? 

Greyson goes through monthly obsessions, and this month it was "Cowboy Music" (Garth Brooks Pandora station) and Cowboy boots.  NO ONE in the household is exempt from wearing the boots.  Weather they match your workout shorts or pajamas or whatever...you'd better put them on or you've got yourself a four alarm toddler meltdown.


I also got to spend a whole weekend in Downtown Dallas with my fabulous Dallas/Collin County Moms Blog Executive Team. I am really enjoying my new "job" and connecting moms is just my jam. 


The view overlooking Victory Park didn't hurt either.
Since there are 17 of us, you can hardly tell, but we're in front of one of the famous "Big D" signs that are scattered throughout the city!
While I did enjoy my "adult" weekend....I'll admit, I feel like Jeremie and Greyson were living pretty BIG while I was gone! 

Homemade beignets and bacon?!
Monster truck ramp....
And then we slowly slipped into those final few weeks of August that could also be known as the 7th Circle of Hell.  It's late summer.  IT'S HOT AS...WELL...YEAH.  School hasn't started yet and I'm out of ideas and everybody's losing their minds. 

Greyson even started doing this thing where he fought his nap with VENGEANCE. His crib acrobatics rivaled an Olympic audition. The first few times, I'd get him up and muster through the afternoon, but after a few days, I just sort let him flip until he passed out. 
We had to get creative....so we lined up our trucks...smallest to largest....(this is developmental, right?)

We played "Hide the Animals" in the dark....


AND FINALLY......SCHOOL STARTED.....

Isn't he darling?!


Mama dropped him off....and although I felt like I just left one of my limbs at school...I did not cry on the way out as other Mamas CLAIM TO DO...

Instead, my girl Lindsey and I headed to the local cafe and had this.....


AND THIS.....


And the relief just continued.....even the temps started falling....


So naturally, I had to buy THIS from Costco....

The softest Puffer Vest and tunic you ever did see...
We finally met up with our BFF's, The Reiter's for a family dinner and park date....



This picture took about 15 minutes to get in order, in fact, we had to promise little Preston that he could count to 100 if he would be still. (YES, HE CAN COUNT TO 100 AND MY KID'S STILL MIXING LETTERS AND NUMBERS.) But in the end, we were all happy to catch a family memory.  
And that was August! The good, the bad, and the ugly.  We have rolled through September like a steam train, and hopefully I'll be catching up soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment