Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Summer 'O Fun 2018

WHOOOOO......HEY THERE WORLD. So it's been a while. Too long. But we've been a bit busy over here. (Like the kind of busy where you forget that you have to go to the bathroom.) I'll catch up eventually on all the NEW ADDITIONS happening around here, but for now there are pressing matters like...

IT'S SUMMERTIME AGAIN.  And the toddlers are "home" for the next 3 months and need to be entertained. (By "home", I mean no Mother's Day Out, bible study, or weekday activities.)  It's like anyone and everyone remotely related to the childcare industry says PEACE OUT and moves to Abu Dhabi. (And I don't blame them one bit.)

It's the bittersweet season where everyone on Facebook looks like they're having THE TIME OF THEIR LIVES but they're really dying inside.

I'M JUST KIDDING. Sort of. I actually do love the Summer season. It gives us some freedom from a schedule and allows us to plan things that we normally wouldn't do or NOT plan anything at all! Some of the best times are when we spend half the day in our pajamas and the other half in the backyard.

I feel like some memories are made naturally and some take effort, so three Summers ago, I decided I would aim to do a little bit of both. And out of each Summer came some of our best and favorite memories. This has stirred a serious passion in me about Summertime with my littles!

Greyson was only 8 months old for his first summer and I was still nursing.  But I rolled the dice, booked a condo at the beach and booked another one across the parking lot for my Mother and Mother-in-law.  I split my time between my girlfriends and my squishy little fish.  It was the first trip away from home with a baby and really opened my eyes that life could and would go on and made me excited for future family vacays!


Our second summer was the first one that Greyson was really on the move! We hit all the splash pads, playgrounds and pools!


And last summer was no different! We made our list and checked (almost everything) off one by one! We picnic-ed, we swam, and added some new experiences, like Legoland and the new Star facility.


And each summer we trekked over the river and through the woods (literally) to visit our favorites in Mississippi.


We are already a couple weeks into Summer and due to the newborn, of course it's looking a little different than the ones before. I've forced myself to lower the bar quite a bit and accept that it might not be as "glamorous" or eventful as some of the past summers.  But I know that we will still be making special memories!

But since I can't stand NOT to make a Summer Bucket List...and because we can't just stay in the house all day ER'DAY, I do have a few things that we'd like to check off!

So here we go for the SUMMER 'O FUN 2018:

- First Vacation Bible School (this is next week!)
- Camp Cinemark (A super cute theatre designed for children)
- Peek N Play in Grapevine (indoor play place)
- Lake Highlands Rec Center Play time (complete with bounce houses, etc.)
- Lemonade Stand @ home
- Movie Monday @ CUMC
- Frontiers of Flight Museum
- Kid's Bowling
- Summer Service Project
- Attend Performance at one of the Children's Theaters (There are a couple good one's here like Genesis and Plano Children's Theatre)
- Lots of home playdates with friends

This is probably pretty ambitious with a nursing newborn. But it gives me a goal each week and mentally helps me have something to look forward to, because let's face it---however precious, life with a newborn can be a little isolating and make you feel homebound sometimes.

I hope YOUR summer is off to an amazing start and I'd love to hear some things on your Bucket List!

I can't say that we've done EVERYTHING that the Dallas Metroplex has to offer, because new amenities are popping up almost daily! But I will say we've done A LOT of them!  Feel free to look back at any of my Summer 'O Fun blog entries from past summers OR grab some ideas from the MASTER Summer 'O Fun List I made last year! (You can find that link by clicking here.)

And as always, I recommend checking out Dallas and Collin County Moms Blog; they have a TON of great summer idea posts regardless of where you live!

OK! So Happy Summer and I hope to be updating the blog again sooner than later...


No comments:

Post a Comment