Wednesday, March 21, 2012

All Packed Up....

There are 3 little angels in my house named George, Ken, & Willie C.  The sounds of tape surrounds me and the angels are lovingly packing my things and telling me to sit down and relax.  Believe it or not, this part of the packing process has been the highlight of my last few days.  

 In typical Wells fashion, we HAD to make this move more dramatic than it already is.  So on Sunday night, my body decided it was going on strike and I started throwing up uncontrollably.  Add severe back pain, and you got yourself a full on stomach virus.  I pretty much stayed up all night and almost made J take me to the emergency room.  Instead, he opted for a 3:00 a.m. trip to Wal-Mart for over-the-counter-meds.  They did nothing for my fearless stomach, so first thing in the morning, we headed to the doctor, and I was sedated treated by a Phenergran shot.  I was out cold in 3.2.1...seconds. Shortly after our doctor trip, J started feeling bad so he joined me in the bed and we slept from about 10:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (With bathroom breaks). Back to bed at 10:30 p.m. and slept till 10:00 a.m. the next morning!!!  So needless to say, we were 2 days behind schedule for moving prep. BUT, in our minds, we still had all day Wednesday since the movers were coming Thursday. NOT! When we pulled ourselves off the couch at 2:00 p.m. yesterday, we got a call from the moving company "confirming" that they would be here at 8:00 THIS MORNING! I almost started throwing up again. We had done nothing to prepare. I know you're thinking: "Umm..you lucky thing, you have movers, what is there to do??" But, since our stuff is mixed in with our landlord's stuff, there was much to separate. Luckily, we were able to negotiate them showing after lunch today, so we worked until we couldn't take anymore and went to bed.  

This morning (feeling much better) I went to town to run some errands, and when I came home, this is what I found.....(insert angel voices)


We will probably never have this opportunity again, but I admit, having people pack up your stuff is the way to go!!! 

It is starting to look a little empty around here, which is sad.  This place has really become home for us and holds so many memories.  We spent our first Christmas here, threw some fabulous parties, and took lots of long walks.  So in honor of our time here, here are a few of the "snapshots" that capture some of our memories. 





And on to our next adventure!!!! 


"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens"...
Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment