Thursday, September 29, 2016

Super September

September has come and gone in LIGHTENING SPEED, and was so much fun! Let's face it, August is a month I feel like you just have to get through, September starts looking up, and October is MONEY. We have finally kissed the 90's goodbye and it's actually been kinda chilly the past few mornings! I haven't made the inaugural boot-wearing yet, but we're close people.

I realize that tomorrow is the last day of September, but it's already booked up and G is napping, so we're gonna say that's a wrap, folks. 

Labor Day weekend we wanted to go somewhere we've never been. I Googled "Activities for Toddlers in DFW" and found this list: 181 Things to Do in Dallas before You're 5 Feet Tall. How funny....I'm still barely 5 feet tall.  

Sandy Lake Amusement Park was on the list and I saw it had a TRAIN, so we were IN. This was the most ADORABLE little amusement park. It's kind of old school; it looks like the carnival style from the 60's/70's. (Or what I can imagine looks like the 70's.)  Let's just say it reminded me of the carnival scene in The Sandlot movie. It is very family friendly, SHADY, and had several small rides for Greyson. He had a BALL! Everyone there was so friendly, and we will definitely be back. 











Since Dak Prescott became the new Cowboys starting quarterback, we inevitably became Cowboys fans. Dak is pretty much talked about during EVERY news segment, so we are proud to hear Mississippi State being talked about so much too! BTW, Greyson thinks EVERY football player is "DAK!" The Cowboys have moved their headquarters to Frisco, which is about a 10 minute drive for us! They had Community Day a couple weeks ago and opened up the new practice facility to the public, so we headed there. It was SO much fun! Greyson LOVES a football and thought he was big stuff running around a real football field. 



For most young men this would be a dream come true, but this actually took some convincing.
P.S. I'm currently watching the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader reality show, so seeing that the brunette made the squad was a spoiler alert for me.  


Greyson's school also hosted a Cowboys-themed "Donuts With Dad" last week, so Jeremie got to have breakfast with him. Jeremie said this was is "highlight" of his week. SO SWEET. I love that he took a selfie with his little guy. Looks like there was some leftover icing on G's cheek. 


We also went to a super fun event at Preston Trail Farms, which is about 30 minutes north of us. It was called "Touch a Truck", and they brought in ALL TYPES of vehicles....firetrucks, tractors, army trucks, cranes, police cars, helicopters, etc....and the kids were free to climb, touch, and play on all of them! I feel like this was a dream come true for BOTH my boys. ; )  Greyson is completely OBSESSED with firetrucks and tractors, so it was a complete score. 





The helmet weighs like 10 pounds!!! We couldn't even let G put it on his head without holding it.
Nothin' better than a TRAC-TOR in G's book. 
Greyson was AMPED about the helicopter until we put him in it. 
And while I got a new car this month, G also picked out his new rides.....



If you're noticing a theme here....you're RIGHT. It's ALL BOY over here ALL THE TIME. Just when I thought it couldn't get anymore "boy", Jeremie found a show on Amazon kids called "Stinky and Dirty" about a garbage truck and bulldozer. And the theme song is pretty much in my head 80% of the day. And while I wouldn't change it for the WORLD, Mama needed some GIRL over here. Some PINK. Some drama. Some sparkles. Showtunes. Tears. Estrogen. So I threw a Miss America party. We ate pizza and chowed down on tiramisu while we judged gals in their bikinis.  

There's something about the Miss America pageant that keeps me coming back for more. Judge away, but I love it and it's completely entertaining. So I made sashes, purchased crowns, and printed out the official judging forms. And even my girlfriends who I know had a raised eyebrow at this activity got totally into it! We had a blast! 


We had 13 "Contestants" including Miss Behave, Miss Take, Miss Demeanor, Miss Fire, Miss Fortune, Miss Deeds, etc. 
The pageant didn't start until 8:00, which means 10:30 in mom time, so only 7 of us made it to the crowning. 
Sweet Kaitlin (in the middle) won the judging competition (most points for most correct placings) so we "crowned her" and used some of G's toys as props. ; ) 
September was fantastic, but now we're moving into one of my FAVORITE months and definitely favorite time of the year! Bring on the pumpkins and holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment