Linking up with a couple of my favs today, Narci and Erika for Friday Favorites! Grab the graphic below and join in!
1) We've really been enjoying our new Christmas presents around here........it was HILARIOUS when we took Greyson's tractor to the park the first time. He got off to play on the jungle gym, and all the little boys were circling around it looking at it like "Who's hot new ride is this"? It's something innate in boys. Wish I had a picture.
2) Greyson and I have taken a couple trips to the Hobby Lobby this week in order to fulfill one of my New Year's Goals of hanging pictures on the walls. He specifically asked me to "Take Picture" as he sat on this bench and said "CHEESE!".
|I like the little bench, but Mama doesn't bring home zebra print, buddy.|
|This was one of my favorite finds! I love how "Southern" some of Hobby Lobby's stuff is right now!|
3) I was looking through my bag of notebooks this week and started to notice a theme.......think I'm into this color pattern???!!! All these notebooks were purchased at different places and times! Hilarious!
4) You know you are WINNING when your child places his sippy on a coaster. #perfectgentleman
5) I really was feeling productive yesterday in regards to my goal of hanging pictures. I painted this window frame my brother gave me and was in the LAST STEP of placing the pictures on the glass, and this happened. Ya'll, I'm not gonna lie. I about lost my religion. I was so ticked.
I called the Mister, because someone MUST SHARE IN MY MISERY and here's how our convo went:
J: Hey babe
Me: You won't believe what just happened
Me: I was in the final stages of hanging my pictures and the glass fell and broke. I'm sick.
J: I'm sorry babe.
Me: I know you think it's stupid and not important.
J: I didn't say that.
Me: I'M JUST SO TIRED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING! I COULD RIG IT UP AND TAPE THEM TO THE FRONT GLASS BUT THEN THE TAPE WOULD SHOW AND I DON'T WANT THE TAPE TO SHOW BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF HAVING TRASHY STUFF. (Because clearly, our lovely home is totally trashy.)
J: You could probably get a piece of glass cut for cheap.
Me: I DON'T WANT TO GET A PIECE OF GLASS CUT! THAT'S JUST ANOTHER THING TO ADD TO MY TO DO LIST!!!!
J: I don't know what you want me to do. I can't fix it right now.
Me: Inaudible mutterings of complaining
J: Katie. I gotta get to work.
Bless him that he even had to listen to that. But seriously, am I not the only one who gets kinda derailed when little stuff like this happens? It seems like in the REALLY BIG things, I'm all like "Jesus take the wheel!".....But the little moments are where my ugly really comes out. The impatient-ness, the complaining, the ungratefulness. I really thought about Jesus and how He was a carpenter and it made me laugh. Cuz you KNOW He had some projects where he got to the last step and realized he measured wrong, or the whole thing just fell apart right before completion. You know He was frustrated. And then it made me think about this verse: "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin." (Hebrews 4:15). Praise the Lord ya'll. This makes me breathe a huge sigh of relief.
6) Of course the glass breaking woke my little cherub up. But to recover we just shared an ice cream cone. He does seem a little reluctant in this picture, but he knew his mama needed a bite. ; )