Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday Favorites!

Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY Ya'll! Oh, how we love Fridays 'round here. I'm linking up with my usual favs, Narci and Erika for Friday Favorites. Grab the graphic below and join in!  

1) We all experienced the Snowpocalypse that happened last Friday. We started out the week in the 80's and Friday we looked like the Michelin man. Isn't my little bundle just the cutest?! I'll admit, I hate being cold, so I let J and Greyson enjoy the .0005 inches of snow on their own. 


2) It feels like last weekend was the first since like, November that we've been able SLOW down and just hang out. It was Daddy's choice (after swinging me by Homegoods), so of course we ended up at the Bass Pro Shop on the lake in Garland. Oh my goodness, this is the most beautiful Bass Pro!!! This place is essentially the ultimate boy playdate. We rode the boats, four wheelers, looked at the fish, and spent some good time with Dad.


We even ran into our neighbors, who had the same idea on this cold day!!!

Little worried if these two are at the wheel.
3) My mom was in town this week....can I get an AMEN for everyone who misses their Mama?!....She just lives too far away. We did all the normal things we don't get to do together often....SHOPPED, went to lunch, hung in our pj's, and played with Lil G. We had a big time and G woke up saying "CC here?" 


4) And since I had an extra set of hands, I finally got to complete a project I've been wanting to do for years that I stole from my BFF, Mary. In my pre-hubby, pre-baby life, I LOVED scrapbooking. (I hope to ONE DAY get back to it.) But I have several darling scrapbooks that are just sitting in a storage chest. I love getting them out to look at them, but rarely do, because they're just hard to get to. So this is a great way to display your scrapbooks for easy access AND add a little decoration to the wall.  


5) Is anyone else obsessed with the Netflix Series called The Crown???? HELLO! Jeremie and I are loving this one, especially because it's based on true (and somewhat current) figures in the English monarchy.  I've always loved this stuff and after each episode we are Googling to get more details behind the story line!  It's SO GOOD! Another SCORE for you Netflix.


6) If you're a DFW resident......I've got a new restaurant for you! We were looking for a "cozy" restaurant with a fireplace last week when it was freezing and ended up finding Julia Pearl Southern Cuisine.  Oh my stars, it was FABULOUS! The atmosphere is SO relaxed, cozy, and warm! The staff was amazing and the food was incredible! The cornbread and biscuits were the best I've ever had in my life. I really wish I would've taken some pictures while we were there, but I WAS TOO BUSY STUFFING MY FACE. It was family friendly, but would be great for a date night too.  Check it out!


I stole this image off their website! Anyone up for lunch? 
ANNND...we are back in short sleeves this Friday! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment