Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Favorites

HAPPY FRIDAY! I'm a little late posting, but better late than never, right?! 

OH, Friday, how I love thee.  The moment that Jeremie's truck rolls up on a Friday afternoon is about my favorite thing in the world. Of course, I'm always excited to see that handsome face, and Friday means a weekend of family time together, but let's be real, it also means two extra hands.  Because this week, the little bandit has turned into a "Threenager", as they say.  

Regardless, we've had some good moments, so let's recap them, shall, we? Today I'm linking up with Erika, who is recapping her fab trip to L.A., and reviewing her trip to Warner Bros. Studios, which looks SO FUN, and something I'd love to do one day! 

1) Last Friday, I said PEACE OUT to the fam and headed downtown to our Dallas/Collin County Moms Blog Executive retreat.  I felt like I had gone through a time-warp when I arrived at the swanky W Hotel.  Hours before I was at the splash pad full of toddlers, and now I was standing in the lobby with the Harlem Globetrotters. (No kidding. I did not go fan-crazy though and get pictures.


Our suite literally overlooked Victory Park! 


I had the best time working, planning, and chatting with these ladies and eating multiple meals with two hands! 



2) Meanwhile, Jeremie FULLY REVELED of being the FUN PARENT. 

I was getting pictures like this....

Building a truck ramp complete with a loop-de-loop...
And this...

Beignets and bacon for breakfast.
And this...

J took him to buy the Paw Patrol gloves and the Rocky toy he's been eyeing....
So it's safe to say that Greyson was probably a little disappointed when I walked in the door on Sunday afternoon.  I did notice that he seemed to have been in the SAME outfit ALL weekend (based on FaceTime and pictures), and Jeremie confessed that he TOTALLY FORGOT to put him in his pajamas on Saturday night.  Like it didn't even hit him until the next morning when he woke him up and G was still in his play clothes! I laughed SO HARD.

3) This week G and I took a trip to Costco for a few items (I bribe him by telling him they'll be samples.) Costco typically overwhelms me because nothing is ever the same OR in the same place.  But we got what we needed and I seriously could have bought my entire Fall wardrobe there.  Just look at this long sleeve tunic top and puffer vest.  You can't see the vest well, but it's a soft cotton fabric and is actually flattering for a vest, because its kinda rouched. (Spelling?) Anyway, I'm pretty sure this will be my fall/winter uniform. 


Greyson picked out a little fishing hat. And ate 7 samples of the smoked sausage. 


4) So my little cherub has been giving me a really hard time with his nap this week.  Like, it's been miserable. One day he just didn't nap at all.  Another day he SCREAMED like a banshee.  I tried all the things to help comfort him and realized none of it was working.  So he screamed until he gave up.  And another day he took to gymnastics in his crib.  Like he was trying out for Team USA. 


SIGH. It's an understatement to say that a difficult nap time makes for a difficult mama. Apparently it's something in the moon (or the upcoming solstice everybody's all talking about), because apparently several of my friends with similar ages kids were doing the exact same thing this week! Heaven help. 

5) And today, my child truly AMAZED me.  We've been keeping a "Chore Chart" this summer, and Greyson has legitimately been helping me with simple tasks like taking the recycling to the bin, throwing the clothes in the wash, or wiping down the banister, etc.  He gets a little "chore money" each time, and at the end of the week, we take it to a store and I let him pick out a toy.  (Usually, he's been eyeing a certain one he's seen before.). Sure enough, ALL week, he's been talking about this "Ambulance" that he saw "at Superhero Story Time."  We DID go to Superhero Story Time at Barnes and Noble TWO WEEKS AGO, and I had NO RECOLLECTION of any ambulance. But I decided to trust his iron-sharp memory, and today, we trotted into the book store and sure enough, he walked straight to the kids area to a display of toys from the Cars 3 movie.  And there it was, plan as day....the Ambulance.  He said "That's It!" and I seriously had to pick up my jaw as it had dropped to the floor.  He has been happy as a lark with his new purchase today.  


That's all I've got today! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment