Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Wells Weekly!

So I'm a little late getting this edition out....last week was fairly uneventful, other than the fabulous costume party we attended, which I'll post about later.  So just a few thoughts for now:

1. IT'S NOVEMBER!!!!  Where did this year go?  Can I get an amen???  Although, November means that Thanksgiving is around the corner, which means seeing our families and eating all my favorite holiday dishes, such as my Grammy's amazing cornbread dressing.  It also means that Christmastime is NEAR!!!  I'm ALWAYS ready for Christmas.  Before we know it, J and I will be lugging our THIRD Christmas tree up our two flights of stairs and I'll be rushing to get our photo Christmas cards out like I do every year. Can I get another amen?

2.  I started reading through the Bible in a year.....last August...Obviously, I didn't make the deadline.  So I'm trying to get back on track.  The Old Testament sure is hard to follow sometimes, especially all the genealogy.  Thank goodness for commentaries.

3.  J's Shining Moment of the Week:  Instead of a hilarious comment, I will share a dear story about what J did last Wednesday.  I had a particularly busy/stressful day last Wednesday and topped it of with a dear ole trip to Wal-Mart.  I have to admit, I was in a FOUL mood when I got home and J returned from hunting.  My first sign of "foulness" was when J asked what was for dinner.  When I dryly replied "cereal", he asked what happened to the tacos I had mentioned earlier.  I assume I gave him some sort of "foul" look, because the boy GOT BUSY making tacos while I viciously scrubbed the dishes that had overflowed in the sink. He sensed my mood and sweetly told me I should go sit on the couch, relax, and watch "The Middle".  After a few minutes of relaxing and yummy tacos, I was healed.  I love that J can tune into my needs and help me "recover".
Single ladies:  marry a man like this.

4.  More points for J this week:  He hung the hammock we bought in Nicaragua: I see a lot of books being read in this spot...

5.  Speaking of Nicaragua, we had a Nicaragua Reunion party on Friday.  It was so great to see the team again.  What a special bond we have from an amazing trip.  I still feel so blessed for having that opportunity this year.

6.  I am done with the 30 day shred and started a new Zumba Dance workout today.  I'm not a natural but I tried to shake it as much as I could and Manny said I did pretty good.  : )

7.  Since I don't have many exciting things to blog about this week, I'll end with a favorite verse of mine:  "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to HIS will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of him".
- 1 John 5: 14-15

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing YOUR WORLD with us. You are - hands down - the BEST daughter in marriage a lady could have. Can hardly wait to have the three of you HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!

    ReplyDelete