Wednesday, April 1, 2015

No Joke: Today I Met the Man I'm Gonna Marry.....

TEN YEARS ago that is. That's right, 10 years ago today, on April Fool's Day 2005 I met Jeremie. (And he says EVERY TIME "And it's been a joke ever since"...) 

I was 20 years old when I met J, which put him at 25 which I quickly told him was OLD. Good first impression right? Geez, you can say anything when you're 20.....Or maybe you're just much braver at 20 than the rest of your life. When I met Jeremie, I clearly had NO idea or intention he would be my future husband. If you had told us that day: "You're gonna marry each other", we probably would've laughed.  Not for any particular reason; both of us just didn't really think much of our chance meeting. Well low and behold, we kept running into each other and Jeremie decided he wasn't too old for me and kept asking my roomate (who he grew up with) for my number. (He will deny all this, but this is MY blog and I will report the TRUTH!) I kept brushing it off until one night he straight up cornered me and I spouted out my number so fast I thought surely he wouldn't remember it. Homeboy did. He was smarter than I thought. (Duh, he married me, remember?) And I'll never forget our first phone call. Late one night, I was changing my safari themed sheets (ya'll KNOW giraffes were totally IN circa 2004-2006) and we chatted for over an hour. I hung up and thought: Now that boy actually has a personality....and is interesting....and I loved the sound of his laugh.
The glory days with my darlin'
What started out as a great friendship turned into a love. I knew I loved Jeremie very quickly. But listen. Our "courtship" wasn't the easiest or quickest. After he whisked away to Costa Rica for the summer then New York for a 6 month internship there were lots of tears, tough conversations and long months! But those times strengthened us and finally one day in the Fall of 2006 he told me he wanted to take me RING SHOPPING! I casually agreed while I mentally picked out the perfect ring shopping outfit and immediately called Meg and Mary to SCREAM this news to them over the phone. How I wish I could replay those days like a movie!

So here we are! A few moves and a baby later! Who know April Fool's Day would be one of the BEST days of my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment