Wednesday, March 15, 2017

My Top 5 Getaway Accommodations

I don't know about YOU, but I've got the Spring Break spirit with all this sunshine, warmer weather, and trees in bloom! Since Jeremie and I usually do our traveling around our anniversary in May, I am inevitably thinking about our next getaway! I absolutely LOVE the research and planning part of a vacation! We really love finding places off the beaten path, so I figured I'd share my Top 5 places we've stayed! I can't say we've been to a lot of international or exotic places, but we've found some treasures here in the in the USA! These are in no particular order!  
1) For our one year anniversary we stayed a few nights in Gatlinburg then traveled to North Carolina and stayed in this little jewel, The Esmeralda. It's in Lake Lure and just down the road where they filmed Dirty Dancing! This place was absolutely charming. There is a great restaurant inside and the coffee is the BEST you'll ever have in your life! It's their secret though...they wouldn't tell us where it's from! Chimney Rock isn't far and has a gorgeous state park with some great hiking and beautiful waterfalls. It's also just 30 minutes from Asheville where there are some great attractions like The Biltmore Home. It was such a fun place to visit! 
Photo credit: Tripadvisor
2) In 2013, we took a trip to Wyoming and broke our trip into three parts: Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, and the Grand Tetons. Heart Six Ranch was our last destination and definitely had the WOW factor. This is by far the most RELAXING PLACE I have ever been.  There were two Adirondack chairs on our porch and we'd literally just sit there and read overlooking the river and the mountains. There was a tiny cafe a stone's throw away, so we'd order some food and sit on the deck, again, with the breathtaking view. We we certainly be staying here when we go back to Wyoming. I wrote about this trip in three blogs:  Part I, Part II and Part III


3) We also love trekking up to Oklahoma and hiking around Beaver's Bend State Park.  Sundown Cabin Rentals have the best fully-equipped cabins! This place holds a special place in our hearts because the night before we went on our first trip here we found out we were pregnant.  (I was a little bummed then I couldn't get in the hot tub!) And then the next year, of course we had our little cherub. They have a large range of sizes, so this is also a great place to take a big family or group vacay!


4) Just looking at a picture of the Seaside Inn in Kennebunkport, Maine relaxes me.  I mean, how gorgeous is this scene? You can't see it from this side, but this is really an old home and every morning they'd have the BEST home cooked breakfast in their cozy dining room. The rooms face the breathtaking ocean view. And charming Kennebunkport is just a 3 minute drive. I absolutely can't wait to go back here! We did an East Coast trip for our babymoon that you can read about here.


5) Clearly Jeremie and I like to stay on the "outskirts" when we get away. For those who like a little more central location, the Omni at Barton Creek in Austin is AMAZING! The landscape is beautiful, the pool is DIVINE, and there's even a great childcare facility! We went for the 4th of July last year and it was the ultimate place for families.  They have a put put golf course, nature trail, movie theater, family games around the pool, and their fireworks display was incredible!  The room we had had a separate living room, so we put Lil G to bed and could still have some grown up time without sitting there in the dark. Zilker Park and Congress Street was just a 20 minute drive! 


I'd love to hear about your favorite destination! Our next getaway is between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe! I'd love to hear any suggestions and recommendations! Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment